Other people’s money can be a great way to skyrocket your portfolio without the headache of dealing with banks. But what headaches come with private money? Let’s talk about it with Dave Dubeau!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Where the legal risks lay in raising private money
- How to find lenders in your existing network
- Dave’s money partner formula to create a flywheel of private investors
If you’d like a shoutout (and a chance to win a $20 Home Depot gift card), just leave a review on Apple Podcasts and send a screenshot of it to me on Instagram via DMs!
What are the Risks of Raising Private Money
Raising private money may seem like a straight forward process but there are actually many legal risks facing both the borrower and lender. Some common mishaps I’ve seen are
How Do You Find Private Money Lenders?
Dave suggests starting with your network and simply talk about what you do. Build up a know-like-and-trust factor with prospective lenders by getting to know each other and having the lender get to know and understand your business model. Dave also suggests having a follow up system to take the leg work (and brain capacity) from following up with people. Dave does this through an email newsletter but it can be done in person as well through coffee dates.
Listen to House of Horrors on your favorite podcast player
Listen to the show on your favorite podcast platform and be sure to follow, and leave a review to help introduce the show to more real estate investors like you!
Resources Discussed in This Episode
- Connect with Dave Dubeau: Dave’s Website
- Dave Dubeau is the creator of the Money Partner Formula, and he works with mom ‘n pop real estate investors and helps them to get started with raising capital. He’s a best-selling author and speaker based in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada. He began his real estate investing career in 2003 doing 18 deals in 18 months and nowadays he invests passively in multi-family properties.
If you’re ready to legally grow and protect your portfolio today, save your seat in my free workshop so you can learn how to take the simple legal steps to protect the portfolio you’ve worked so hard to build. Click here to watch my free workshop so you can get protected right now!
Download Episode Transcript [Download link]
[Embed Scrollable Transcript]
- Read Bonnie’s Blog for the latest legal tips, podcast episodes, & behind the scenes of building her 7-figure portfolio
- Listen to the House of Horrors Podcast
- Sign up for my free legal workshop
Join my Free Legal Workshop
- Follow Bonnie on Instagram for legal tips, property management advise, and daily behinds the scenes of her biz and portfolio
- Learn & laugh over bad legal advice with Bonnie on Tiktok
- Subscribe and follow House of Horrors and activate notifications for new episodes on any of the following podcast players:
DISCLAIMER: Although Bonnie is an attorney she doesn’t give legal advice without a written and dually signed engagement agreement. All episodes of House of Horrors are educational and informational only. The information discussed here isn’t legal advice and isn’t intended to be. The information you listen to here isn’t a substitute for seeking legal advice from your own attorney
© 2021-2022 Bonnie Galam LLC | All rights reserved | Any use of this intellectual property owned by Bonnie Galam LLC may not be used in connection with the sale or distribution of any content (free of paid, written or verbal), produce, and/or service by you without prior written consent from Bonnie Galam LLC
AFFILIATE LINKS: Some of the links we share here may be affiliate links, which means we may make a small financial reward for referring you, without any cost difference to you. You’re not obligated to use these links, but it does help us share free resources like this podcast. Thank you for supporting us!